Translation and Interpreting job opportunities
If you are interested in languages, you should still think about a Degree in Translation and Interpreting Online . Every year, globalization causes us to consume content from around the world that requires professional translators and interpreters . Therefore, after finishing your degree you will have several possibilities of finding employment in various sectors.
Focusing only on the audiovisual industry, the fiction series sector will produce some 72 series between 2020 and 2021, 19% more than in 2018. Audiovisual translation accounts for 14% of the total turnover of the translation industry and continues to grow.
In this post, we will look at some of the options for what to do after studying translation and interpreting.
WHAT DOES A TRANSLATOR AND INTERPRETER DO?
Translators and interpreters convert information from one language to another . Translators often specialize in the conversion of texts and written documents , while interpreters often work with verbal language in real-time environments .
Translators and interpreters have the responsibility of translating language in films, books, magazines, legal documents, schools, healthcare settings, work conferences, conferences, congresses, international institutions, seminars, press conferences, etc.
Both translators and interpreters possess excellent communication, analytical and linguistic skills . They have to collect information, such as technical terminology, and create glossaries and databases to use in their daily translation practices.
Their responsibilities go beyond simply translating. They have to do it with precision of the style, tone, meaning, and intent of an original language, which can be challenging . Each of these duties requires a high level of cultural knowledge, awareness, and attention to detail.
WHAT TO DO AFTER STUDYING TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING?
At the end of the Degree in Translation and Distance Interpreting or the Degree in Translation in Valencia, you will be able to work as a translator in:
- Legal translation: In charge of the translation of legal documents. This type of translation is quite complex, since you must have a great knowledge of legal concepts, at the same time that you must know the legal system of the country that is being translated.
- Translation agencies: These are companies specialized in this field that collaborate with translators and interpreters to deliver their services to their clients.
- Language teacher in educational centers.
- Intercultural mediator in official bodies : Translators and interpreters who work with official bodies – for example in embassies or government ministries.
- Expert in digital content development: It consists of translating products that combine visual and sound elements to tell a story, be it a movie or a computer software tutorial. And it is that not only books are translated, television programs, video games and web pages are also translated.
- Healthcare / Medical Interpreters and Translators: Healthcare and medical interpreters and translators work in healthcare settings. They help patients communicate effectively with healthcare providers, such as doctors, nurses, medical technicians, and other personnel.
- Other professional opportunities such as translation or interpreter in conferences, courses, workshops, demonstrations, commercial presentations, international congresses in all sectors of economic activity.
ADVANTAGES OF BEING A TRANSLATOR OR INTERPRETER
A career in translation can be very rewarding and have many benefits, including:
- Diverse work environment: Translators and interpreters work in a diverse environment because their services are used in different sectors.
- Travel Possibilities : As a translator or interpreter, you may be able to travel frequently and see various four corners of the world. This comes with the added benefit of meeting new people and practicing your language skills in different places. That said, there is a lot of flexibility in this profession and a translator can carry out his work from anywhere since all he needs is his computer and an internet connection
- Ongoing Educational Opportunities – Translators and Interpreters should keep up-to-date on specific language developments and specific terminology used in their respective majors. This provides translation professionals with continuous learning opportunities throughout their careers.
- Helping Others: The work of translators and interpreters directly helps others with their communication needs. This can be very satisfying, especially in cases where a person would not have been able to communicate effectively due to language barriers.
WHY STUDY TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING AT THE EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY?
At the European University, we offer various programs in the area of ??translation. With us, you will have the opportunity to work on real cases from day one, guided by a high-level and prestigious faculty. You will learn to carry out direct translations and reverse translations, specializing in the three most demanded: legal, economic and scientific-technical. Also, you will be an expert in subtitling and dubbing.